The purpose of Equity’s Dance Committee’s is to develop a stronger, larger and better informed Equity membership in all areas of dance. This will be achieved by pursuing five priorities:
- Campaigning to increase the use of and access to Equity contracts
- A programme of education on rights, professional skills and union knowledge
- Achieve improved rates and conditions on Agreements where dancers and choreographers work, through live performance and recorded media, and develop unorganised areas.
- Campaigning around health & safety and wellbeing for dancers.
- Developing strategies for career stability and progression.